You pride yourself on being a good and reliable human. You tend to explain things visually, and you’ve tried all the apps. You know exactly where to find the .svg's for that project from 2016. You beta test. You email support without hesitation, and you see things through. You horde gifs.
As a Product Designer at Make New, you'll go deep on one or, at most, two projects at a time. You'll build and expand design systems. You'll see the process through — from early research and design, to launch and beyond. As part of the team, you’ll have support for every project on strategy, architecture, and project management.
Along the way, we look forward to you helping define how we work—and work together—at Make New.
Skills & Experience
- You’ve worked at an agency or tech company on product, UI, or UX for at least one year
- Comfort in Sketch, CS, and InVision is essential; familiarity with Framer or other UI prototyping tools is a bonus
- A strong foundation in typography is important, illustration and iconography skills are a plus
- Your writing is clear and succinct
- You're detail-obsessed, yet able to think at a high level about strategy and the big-picture
- You manage your time and thrive when self-directed
- You’re comfortable both giving and receiving productive feedback. You look for opportunities to jump in and help out
- You’re able to clearly present ideas to stakeholders, developers, and occasionally your tax professional
About Make New
Make New is a digital product studio based in Burlington, Vermont. We partner with early-stage ventures and established teams to research, design, and create hardworking digital tools for web & mobile. We work remotely from Eastern to Pacific. We believe in snow days, paid vacation, and going outside. We Slack for all it’s worth.
- This is a contract role to start. At a minimum, you’re available to contract 20 hours per week for least three months
- You can work in Burlington, or remotely from any North American time zone
We can’t wait to meet you. Send us a note—tell us about yourself and link to your website.
Include “Design at Make New” in your subject line.
work @ makenew.co